Friday, August 25, 2006

Visiting the capital

DC passed by quite fast. I was really just looking forward to getting into New York (which, by the looks of things, might just be the greatest city on Earth), so I spent a little over 24 hours in Washington DC, checking out the sights. This time I'll let the pictures tell the story, as there was little to say about the city besides its monuments (that for staying there a day).

The Bush residence, thank god not too long anymore:

Picture 121

Lincoln memorial and the famous sight (felt just like Clint Eastwood sitting on the stairs, just did not catch any pigeons there):

Picture 135

Picture 127

Washington memorial, yet another fallos symbol:

Picture 154

"The hill", admittedly much more impressive than the copies of it presented in Buenos Aires and Havana (I guess it is the overall setting and the white colour):

Picture 169

Picture 175

To finalize my DC experience, I went to spy on Pentagon and check out the Arlington cemetery on the other side of the Potomac river. The amount of identical, white-stone graves in Arlington really silenced me.

Picture 189

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home