Saturday, September 09, 2006

Oh, Canada

Partaako muka 567

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: The U.S. bus system loses in many respects to several of the ones I used in South America. Greyhounds are expensive, service is mostly poor and it rarely includes extras like movies (equipment might be there though), they are late, etc. -remarkably like a bus system one would expect to see in Russia, for example. Anyway, I had to enjoy it one last time (for now) to get to my last destination: Niagara and Toronto.

Niagara was a sorry attempt for waterfalls after seeing Iguazu, but nevertheless a good place to stop by for some hours to check it out.

Partaako muka 617

There too the falls are divided by the national border. Here is "the American side":

Partaako muka 604

Partaako muka 625

And the Canadian side:

Partaako muka 620

Partaako muka 626

Where the falls were sort of a disappointment, Toronto was a positive surprise. I would characterize it as a smaller, more calm and much more clean New York.

Some sights from the CN tower:

Partaako muka 634

Partaako muka 635

Partaako muka 643

Partaako muka 653

Partaako muka 658

Of course, there is not much to tell from one day in Canada, especially as it is not all that different from Finland anymore. At that point I was just getting ready to go home.

Best national "dish" tasted: Bloody Caesar (a spicy drink made out of vodka, my favourite Clamato juice, spices and lemon)
Best national beer tasted: Molson's Canadian
Best experience/sight: Niagara falls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home